Canberra's Leading Bathroom Renovators
Wide Range of styles to suit any budget
Why Choose Us for your Bathroom Renovations Project?
These are the reasons Below !
Everything you need to know about bathroom renovations and more
There is a lot to consider in a bathroom renovation! The key point to establish first is what do you need from the renovated bathroom? A bathroom can be a statement or it can be purely for function. Who is using the bathroom; elderly people, small children, teenagers etc. Do you need bath to accommodate their needs? How much space do you have? Are you able to move the toilet from one side of the room to the other? What style of bathroom do you want and does it suit the home? It may look funny installing an ultra-modern bathroom in a federation home.
The next main consideration is budget and the return that you can get on your investment. Careful planning and using quality trade persons on your project can mean the difference of your bathroom still looking good in 20 years or your bathroom needing to be redone in 10 or less.
- How long does a bathroom renovation take?
Obviously it will vary depending on what is done, however you should allow 3 weeks for a full standard bathroom renovation from removal to being able to use it again.
For a high end bathroom this can take up to 5 weeks as you may need to wait for items like a custom made vanity and other fixtures as well as the extra time needed in conducting the work.
If you are simply looking at the re-surfacing or tile over tile options, allow a week.
Please note custom shower screens can take 2 weeks from measure to installation you can still use the shower or bath in this time but just need to be mindful of water splashing on other fixtures
- What is the process from quote to completion?
We will attend for a free site visit and quote where we discuss your options like tiles, moving fixtures, budget and design including whether an interior designer will add value to your project.
INSTYLE BATHROOM RENOVATIONS will then draft a first quote based on the meeting. If you’re happy with the first quote, we will attend again to finalise the little details (tile colour, fittings and fixtures) and finalise a price. A contract will be signed to protect both parties as required by Fair Trading.
INSTYLE BATHROOM RENOVATIONS then creates a schedule to conduct the job. This generally includes:
- Demolition where a crew will remove your old bathroom.
- INSTYLE BATHROOM RENOVATIONS and the electrician will conduct their “rough in”, installing baths, pipework and running wiring.
- Time for rendering and then water proofing this will take some time to dry properly
- The tiler will attend to lay a screed, install under floor heating if chosen. Then the tiling will begin.
- Once complete the shower screen will be measured and ordered.
- Time for a bit of carpentry, doors. Finishing off a window etc
- Painting will then be conducted
- Fit out will then be conducted by InStyle Bathroom Renovations to install taps, vanity’s toilets and bidet’s
- The electrician will finish off the switches lights and could even hook up the LED TV at the end of your bath.
- Final clean
- Install the shower screen and you are all done.
- Will I be able to use it?
It can be hard to be without your bathroom for a few weeks, but generally it will be out of action. However, there are solutions from port-a-loos or even portable bathrooms that can be rented with running hot and cold water. Alternatively, you can set up a temporary shower or toilet somewhere else on the property. InStyle Bathroom Renovations can can with you to provide rental solutions if this is an issue.
- Who provides and sources all materials?
InStyle Bathroom Renovations provide and source all materials for your bathroom renovation if you don’t have the time visit the different suppliers to find the right products. This additional service does come at a cost, but we are happy to do it for you to ensure you get the best products for your bathroom renovation that match the colour, style and most of all, that fit the space.
- What about the rest of the house?
Do you protect the rest of the house while work is being conducted? Yes we will lay drop sheets over floors and furniture in the house or apartment and can also offer a final cleaning service once the construction is finished to have your house looking cleaner than when we started.
- What can go wrong?
When you are looking at an existing bathroom it isn’t possible to see any issues behind tiles like rotten timbers and floors, poor render or structural problems like termites or poor footings. InStyle Bathroom Renovations has great relationships with carpenters and builders that are able to resolve the issues quickly without throwing the schedule out too much. This work will cost extra but this is only to ensure that you have a great finished product.
- What are common mistakes we see people make
#1 – Choosing a quote purely on price. This is a concern as cheap quote often means a poor quality bathroom and potentially more on-going bills as the price didn’t include items that higher quotes did.
# 2 – Not ensuring that your contractor is only using licensed trades.
#3 – The big one is letting your tiler conduct the full renovation including the plumbing and electrical. This happens regularly and you should be aware that it is illegal for any trade to conduct plumbing and electrical work without the correct qualifications and contractors license. Simon has personally seen the results of this and it never works out for you, the client.
- Is InStyle Bathroom Renovations licensed?
Yes, InStyle Bathroom Renovations holds a full bathroom renovation, kitchen renovation and laundry renovation license.
Any more questions on your upcoming bathroom renovation? Don’t hesitate to get in touch on 0403 888 649 to ask, or to organise a time to conduct a free site visit a secure an initial quote.
- Reason #1: We provide a high quality workmanship no matter how budget base is going to be your renovations project. Our quality of workmanship wont change by budget variations
- Reason #2: We want to make your renovation experience as delightful as it can be
- Reason #3: Our professional team will always treat you and your property with the utmost respect throughout the entire project.
- Reason #4: We follow all the Australian standard in our renovations project
- Reason #5: We get the job done on time so your life can get back to normal in the timeframe that given to you
- Reason #6: We work with your budget and recommend you the best products that are in offer in the market
- Reason #7: We are a Licenced Bathroom, kitchen and laundry renovations contractor and we are more than happy to provide you references of the projects that we have done in the past
We can do the below and more!
- Design consultation
- Bathware products selection
- Off the shelf and trade discount purchasing
- Demolition and removal of the existing bathroom
- Asbestos removal if required
- All Plumbing works
- All Electrical works
- All Carpentry works
- All Tiling works
- All Waterproofing works
- Move a door
- Build a Niche
- Design consultation
- Supply and install of shower screens
- All removal and clean up at the end